I have posted about this in the past but now that we are past the holidays and couples who recently got engaged are in the process of planning their perfect wedding day, I though it was appropriate to blow the dust off this topic and throw it out there. Couples usually end up over budget once they truly start planning their wedding, and one of the first things that ends up on the chopping block is a wedding film becaused they are already going to have pictures. Here are 5 reasons why we feel couples should cut back in other areas and make sure that they keep a wedding film in their wedding day planning:
- After the food and cake are eaten and the flowers wilt, all you have left of the day are pictures and video. With a quality wedding film you can rest assured that you will be able to relive the events of your special day in on your 50th wedding anniversary. Your wedding film is a live-action documentary of one of the most important and cherished days of your life. It allows you to remember the day in more detail than pictures.
- Most people describe their wedding day as a blur. Spending thousands of dollars on a day doesn’t really seem worth it if you aren’t going to be able to remember it well. A wedding film allows you to remember all those moments you would forget otherwise.
- The most intimate and special moment of a wedding are the vows. Standing face to face and saying those words to each other is priceless. Wouldn’t you want to see that again? Why not be able to relive that moment and hear the emotion in each others voice.
- Most brides and grooms don’t get to see each other get ready, and if they have a gift exchange they don’t get to see their reaction after opening the gift, or reading a letter they wrote to each other. With a wedding film all of these moments can be captured.
- The number one regret I hear from people who have gotten married is that they didn’t have a wedding film, and that if they could do it over again that would be the first thing they would book. One bride even told me that after her wedding her grandfather died, and even though she had pictures she would have loved to be able to watch her and her grandfather dance again for the last time.
There are many wedding videographers out there, and some do exceptional work. The main advice I can give is make sure you do everything in your power to budget for one and hire one you like. I promise you will thank me!!
Red Leaf Films is a NC based video production and film company specializing in wedding films and commercials for small businesses. Red Leaf Films services Charlotte, Asheville, and surrounding areas.